You Don't Have to Live With Tinnitus Anymore
Tinnitus is defined as the hearing of a certain sound when no external sound is present. While often described as a ringing, many describe it as a clicking, hissing, or roaring sound. The sound may be soft or loud, low pitched or high pitched, and appear to be coming from the ears or in the head. It generally comes on gradually, but if it comes on suddenly, some people can not adapt to tinnitus and place it in the background of their lives. Tinnitus can interfere with sleep, concentration, and the ability to hear clearly. It is more common in those with high levels of anxiety or depression. Our experienced audiologists are proud to offer tinnitus treatment in Scottsdale, AZ.
Watch the Video Below to Learn More About Tinnitus From Our Experts
What Causes Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a symptom that can result from a variety of causes. Among the most common causes are noise exposure and aging, but others include head trauma, concussion, sudden hearing loss, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, exposure to certain medications, or stopping certain medications abruptly.
Tinnitus: Other Factors That May Affect People With Tinnitus
Some people with tinnitus also experience hyperacusis or abnormal sensitivity to sound. Everyday sounds may cause pain for these patients which causes them to retreat only to quiet situations and avoid those places that have a fair amount of noise.
Hyperacusis can be treated with filtered earplugs and sound therapies over time. The treatments are designed to reset the central gain control in the brain over time leading to more normal sound sensitivity.
Current studies of tinnitus and specialized brain imaging are providing new insights and therapies to help those with bothersome tinnitus.
Arizona Balance & Hearing Aids looks at the tinnitus patient as a whole and not just as a symptom. We are able to determine the type of tinnitus, how it began, how bothersome it is, and how it is affecting your life. We take your story and lifestyle into consideration when determining what treatment(s) would be most effective for you. We offer support and guidance to give you the best possible outcome.
- Information & Education: Studies have shown that learning about tinnitus, demystifying it, and using refocusing strategies can help some overcome their tinnitus.
- Hearing Technology: This is specific ear-level technology that can be programmed to provide neural stimulation to the brain. It is important that this neural stimulation is precise to fit each patient’s brain, not under or overstimulating the brain. This technology can lessen or even take away tinnitus awareness.
- Mindfulness: This is a type of relaxation or meditation practice done on a daily basis that can lessen the brain’s reaction to the tinnitus sound. By doing this, the tinnitus awareness may lessen with time.
- Sound Therapies: There are different sounds or different types of music that can lessen the experience of a patient’s tinnitus when needed.
2020 Tinnitus Study
In a group of around 60 participants with constant tinnitus, we found that a specific hearing technology helped 95% of the participants decrease their tinnitus, and some had complete relief! If you are interested in seeing what this technology can do for you, please call our office.
We are continuing our research on other methods to help reduce tinnitus while not wearing technology, and for those who are not good candidates for the technology.
Contact Us Today for Effective Tinnitus Treatment in Scottsdale, AZ
To experience our award-winning hearing care, schedule your Hearing Consultation today by calling (602) 466-1199. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- We Will Carefully Listen To Your Concerns & Goals
- Thorough Explanation Of Our Process
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
- Custom Treatment Plan
- Receive A Free Copy Of Dr. Day’s Book, Reengage With Life & Family
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!