You Don't Have to Live With Tinnitus Anymore
Tinnitus is the hearing of sound when no external sound is present. While often described as a ringing, some people describe it as a clicking, hissing, or roaring sound. The sound may be soft or loud, low pitched or high pitched, and appear to be coming from the ears or in the head. Most of the time, it comes on gradually. When the sounds come on suddenly, some people can not adapt to tinnitus and place it in the background of their lives. It can interfere with sleep, concentration, and the ability to hear clearly. It is more common in those with high levels of anxiety or depression. Our experienced audiologists are proud to offer 5-star-rated tinnitus treatment in North Phoenix, AZ.
Watch the Video Below to Learn More About Tinnitus From Our Experts
Tinnitus: What Causes It?
Tinnitus is not a disease but a symptom that can result from a variety of causes. The most common causes are noise exposure and aging. Other causes include head trauma, concussion, sudden hearing loss, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, exposure to certain medications, or stopping some medications abruptly.
Tinnitus: Other Factors That May Affect People With Tinnitus
Some people with tinnitus also have an abnormal sensitivity to sound called hyperacusis. Everyday sounds may cause pain for these patients which causes them to retreat only to quiet situations and avoid those places that have a fair amount of noise.
Hyperacusis can also be treated with filtered earplugs and sound therapies over time. The treatments are designed to reset the central gain control in the brain over time leading to more normal sound sensitivity.
Tinnitus: What Treatments Are Available?
Current studies of tinnitus and specialized brain imaging are providing new insights and therapies to help those with bothersome tinnitus.
We look at the tinnitus patient as a whole and not just as a symptom. We are able to determine the type of tinnitus, how it began, how bothersome it is, and how it is affecting your life. We consider your story and lifestyle to determine which treatment(s) would be most effective for you. We support and guide you to achieve the best tinnitus relief possible.
- Information & Education: Studies have shown that learning about tinnitus, demystifying it, and using refocusing strategies can help some overcome their tinnitus.
- Hearing Technology: This is specific ear-level technology that can be programmed to provide neural stimulation to the brain. It is important that this neural stimulation is precise to fit each patient’s brain, not under or overstimulating the brain. This technology can lessen or even take away tinnitus awareness.
- Mindfulness: This is a type of relaxation or meditation practice done on a daily basis that can lessen the brain’s reaction to the tinnitus sound. By doing this, the tinnitus awareness may lessen with time.
- Sound Therapies: There are different sounds or different types of music that can lessen the experience of a patient’s tinnitus when needed.
2020 Tinnitus Study
We looked at a group of around 60 participants with constant tinnitus. We found that a specific hearing technology helped 95% of the participants decrease their tinnitus, and some had complete relief while wearing the technology! If you are interested in seeing what this technology can do for you, please call our office.
We are continuing our research on other methods to help reduce tinnitus while not wearing technology, and for those who are not good candidates for the technology.
Contact Us Today for Effective Tinnitus Treatment in North Phoenix, AZ
To experience our award-winning hearing care, schedule your Hearing Consultation today by calling (602) 466-1199. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- We Will Carefully Listen To Your Concerns & Goals
- Thorough Explanation Of Our Process
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
- Custom Treatment Plan
- Receive A Free Copy Of Dr. Day’s Book, Reengage With Life & Family
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!